Thursday, October 12, 2006

Shift Right, Step Back, Move People Move!


lol...no I'm not dancing here. I'm just merely stating where the artistes are standing at this year's TVB 39th Anniversary lighting ceremony a couple nights back. It's way way way way way (okay you get my point) this year! Positions have shifted. News faces are popping here and there. And of course, some older faces are gone or merely just not present that night. What a bummer! =(

If you click on the pic, you should be able to see the picture alot clearer and bigger. Going from left to right:

1st Row: Louisa So, Sheren Tang, Melissa Ng, Ada Choi, Liza Wang, Sir Run Run, Carol Cheng, Charmaine Sheh, Myolie Wu, Yoyo Mung, Bernice Liu, Linda Chung, and Tavia Yeung

2nd Row (left to right): Michael Tse, Cheng Daan Shui, Sunny Chan, Steven Ma, Moses Chan, Bowie Lam, Roger Kwok, Kevin Cheng, Raymond Lam, Andy Hui, Bosco Wong, Raymond Cho, and Kenny Wong.

Absentees: Jessica Hsuan, Gigi Lai, Ron Ng, Bobby Au Yeung, Kenix Kwok

From the looks for where the artists are standing, it completely altered my list of who's going to on my list. Well...not complete altered it, but some changes here and there. Males I talked about them the other day, so going on to females, best supporting actor/actress, etc etc. tonight.



Female Leads:
52 weeks. 20 nominations. 14 series. 5 ladies. But only 1 winner for the night. (Sorry, been watching too much Survivor these days. hehe... =P ) Originally, I had Charmaine, Ada, Sheren, Myolie, and Liza as my top 5 that TVB would actually pick for their's. But I take that back now; switch out Liza for Yoyo or Melissa. These 2 leading ladies are the bomb this year!! Or the term "underdog" as Asia once used. Yoyo and Melissa's popularity amongst the fan and TVB has risen immensely over the past year; both now favored by TVB. Just look: Melissa next to Ada (2nd) and Yoyo, 3rd person down. Major major improvements from the past, and I think they deserve it. Good for them. =) Charmaine and Myolie has constantly been stated as the hot contenders for this year's title. I agree. Both of them has a high chance. Sheren Tang, too. But out of them all, my vote goes toward Ada Choi's character in Dance of Passion as I think TVB favors her, too. Hope I'm right!

Supporting Actor/Actress:

Top 5: (Males) Kenny Wong, Raymond Cho, Wayne Lai, John Chiang, and Johnson Lee. I seriously thought Michael Tse will land on this category, but I guess not. hmm..hot favorite by many [including myself] Wayne Lai, but I'm not so sure if he'll get the award or not. Kenny is getting lots of popularity, likewise with Raymond Cho as viewers see him every night in Welcome to the House and now At Home with Love. I'll go with everyone and stick with Wayne Lai in Safe Guards. If not, John Chiang. He's great, too!

(Females) I really can't think of top 5 that I like . Mostly it's just top 2 for me. 1.) Rebecca Chan and 2.) Florence Kwok. Rebecca's acting has always been great in every series she's done. I thought she was going to win last year, but Angela Tong stole the title away. A bit like the whole Niki and Bernice controversy, but less noticeable. First off, welcome back, Florence Kwok, once again, as she returns to the home of TVB after a good 4-5 years away from the business. Haven't lost her touch . Not much to say about them, but if either one wins, I'll be happy and that's all I can say to that. =)

I'm going to put off the Most Improved for another night. Getting late now, so nite everyone! Or good morning or afternoon. How about good day. See ya!

Btw, forgot to mentioned that my personal choice for winning the Best Actor award is either Bobby or Steven this year. But with TVB...they'll probably pick someone that goes against my choices. hmm...who knows! Just have to wait and see! =D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home