Sunday, May 21, 2006

Criticisms on "All about Women" CD

All about Women was just release and I've just finished listening to my copy of it. Two words for it: it's good. I've separated the songs into 4 categories: "I love it and kept on replaying it" category; "The Fans love it"category; "It's good but can be replace" category ; and "What! Again! category." Another short evaluation by me again. hehe...=) Plus some more concert evaluations, too. Just finish watching it. Courtesy of RIta. =D

"I Love It & kept on Replaying It" Category

Track 1: Women with a Past 有過去的女人
Singer: Miriam Yeung (楊千嬅)

Track 4:
Fortunately 幸而
Singer: Myolie Wu (胡杏兒)

Track 6: Swear 發誓
Singer: Linda Chung (鍾嘉欣)

I love all 3 of these songs. Miriam's song has a very catchy tune. So you might find yourself tapping to the beat, but that could be just me. hehe... ;-) Myolie and Linda's were surprising good to me. Didn't know that Myolie could actually sing that well! When she was singing her voice could hit the high notes pretty well, and had a hint of vibration in the throat on the ending notes. Nicely done and impressive. This was Linda's first song of her's and she did a good job. I didn't expect it at all. Like Myolie's song, the lyrics needed to be sung fast but in a slow ballad. Reminiscent of Joey Yung's songs, but not to that singing quality. But great job. =)

Concert Evaluation: Miriam, Myolie, and Linda, too, did the best. Miriam, a performer, a singer was very relax and comfortable, so did the best. Myolie's part, the spotlight was focused on her, but she did an excellent job. Not stiff and awkward, but very professional. Seems like singing was her profession. Despite this being Linda's first time to sing her song on stage and kinda pitchy at some points, she still did well. I liked it. How about you?

"The Fans Love It" Category

Track 2: Break Up 分手
Singer: Bernice Liu (廖碧兒)

Track 3: Yellow Sand Lover 黃沙中的戀人
Singer: Charmaine Sheh (佘詩曼)

*Sorry to all Bernice and Charmaine fans reading this*

I don't know what to say about these 2 songs. I don't hate it, but I'm not too thrilled about it either. Bernice's song is good, but sometimes she puts way too much emotion while singing it. Not that it's a bad thing, but enough is enough. (only in my opinion) Charmaine. Oh my gosh. This song! I hear it everywhere now! I serious don't know what's so great about it. To me it's only tolerable and okay. (hides from Charmaine Sheh fans) But like always, with Charmaine's ever-growing fan base, it's going to be consider great among them. (sigh)

Concert Evaluation: Like I said earlier, Bernice puts way too much emotion when performing live. She needs to be like Stephy's song "Let it Flow" and not over-perform. Her dancing is nice. Liked that part. Charmaine's performance was very stiff. Her acting is great, but live in front of an audience, ehh....not too comfortable. Her performance with Alex Fong and Justin Lo was very funny after actually seeing it. The song was suppose to be upbeat and lots of motions. Alex and Justin did fine. Charmaine's turn: swings arm and move to the beat while other's sing, but paralyzed when it's her turn. Always! Plus, is she reading the lyrics from somewhere? Seems like she is. (shrugs)

"It's Good but can be Replace" Category

Track 5:
Let it Flow
Singer: Stephy Tang (鄧麗欣)

Track 7: Rebroadcast by Standards 逐格重播
Singer: Sharon Chan (陳敏之)

These 2 songs are good, but not one of my favorites. Again surprised that Sharon can sing! Her voice seems pretty raspy, and she couldn't carry out the high notes that well. So only a so-so song. Stephy's was one of 2 songs out of the whole cd that's fast beat. It's good, but probably because I'm so used to her and Alex Fong's duets, something seems to be missing. hehe...I'm just crazy thinking that. Anyway, Shirley Yeung's song from the Biter Bitten could replace either one and I wouldn't mind. That would be pretty nice. =)

Concert Evaluation: Sharon's performance was like her song, kinda bland. Not much to say. Had some slight breathing problems, such as running out of air to hit the notes. But it's okay. My gosh! Stephy's performance! Shocker! She's a singer! Why does she looks so uncomfortable onstage! Plus could hear her gasping for breath while singing. Does she always do that? hmm....

"What! Again!" Category

Track 8: Bias Love 偏愛
Singer: Kary Ng (吳雨霏) and Stephy Tang (鄧麗欣)

Track 9: Don’t Blame Him 別怪他
Singer: Vivien Yeo (楊秀惠)

lol...these 2 songs. (shakes head) Whatever happen to originality! If you don't know or haven't heard of the song "Bias Love," it's the sub-theme to TVB's Love Bond, originally sung by Michael Tao, Kenix Kwok, Moses Chan, and Bernice Liu. Not that Stephy and Kary didn't sound good, but still... =/ I much prefer the originals, than them. Okay, AGAIN! "Don't Blame Him"!!! I know many fans love the song, but does TVB have to re-issue the song! And for the AAW cd! I'm not a fan of the song. So when I first heard Ron sang it, I didn't blame "her" but blame him (Ron). This time around, I won't blame him, but "her" (Vivien)! At least Ron's was an original, and sang it a tad better. (shudders)

Concert Evaluation: Worse dress of the night, Kary Ng. She looks so depress! Seems like she doesn't even want to be there. Stephy: again, the breathing problem. Not much else. Vivien's? Umm...pretty onstage, but singing was...horrible. I didn't like it. Funny how the fans knew the song she was singing, and sang with her! Karaoke time! And singing Ron's song!....with Vivien's turn at the mic!

1 Comments:

Blogger LY said...

I agree with you on the part of Myolie's singing!!
i didn't noe she can sing that well, and when is singing, I was like:"wow" totally shocked =D and OMG!!! I was totally so disapointed to be seeing the song:別怪他 in the CD cover when I had already heard it several times from ron >W<

9:34 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home