Saturday, April 29, 2006

The Hype of TVB’s Dance of Passion Countdown: 1 day left!

Yay!! Officially the countdown is winding down to its last…1 (1.5 for some) day! (phew) I’m glad. It’s getting harder and harder for me to think of things to talk about. Come to think of it, after the DOP countdown is over, what am I going to talk about next? lol…been doing this for quite some time now, and suddenly I’ll be having no topic to discuss! I’ll have no purpose to continue on with this blog! hehe…just kidding! I’ve just celebrating its 1st month b-day, no way will I quit now! I’ll just have to be real creative, but I’ll think about it later. =P

The “Predictable” vs. the “Unpredictable” Ratings of DOP

Ratings are always “unpredictable.” No one will know exactly how great or how bad the ratings would turn out. But for Dance of Passion, it’s a little bit different: it could go both ways. And it may be because of the contribution from our cast. Let see….

Charmaine Sheh (predictable)

-I see lots and lots of Charmaine fans wherever I go: in forums, blogs, etc. So I predict Dance of Passion would have high ratings. Right? lol…I don't think so. Although she has an impressive fan base, Charmaine’s series have been a flop in ratings lately. Always Ready (隨時侯命). Awful ratings. Lethal Weapons of Love and Passion (覆雨翻雲). Awful ratings. Dance of Passion? Predictable: Yes, awful ratings?

Maggie Siu (predictable)

-I really really don’t see lots of people supporting Maggie Siu that much. And to make it worst, her last TVB series (anniversary I might add), Real Kung Fu (佛山贊師父), was awful awful in its ratings. Very predictable: oh yes! awful ratings. Unpredictable: yes, high ratings?!!

Bowie Lam & Gigi Lai (unpredictable)

-I think they are about equal in good and bad ratings. Gigi only has the bad ratings of Healing Hands 3 under her belt, and did okay for The Charm Beneath (胭脂水粉). For Bowie it may be a little bit worse, simply because he’s in Healing Hands 3 and in Always Ready. Unpredictable: yes; average ratings (I'm not too excited about them at all).

Ada Choi (both)

-Predictable: yes, good ratings; Ada's ratings with her TVB series have always been pretty good.
-Unpredictable: yes, bad ratings; What! She's been gone for so long, viewers could have forgotten about her (which is kinda hard to believe).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home