Monday, April 16, 2007

Out of TVB; Into HK Movies

Finally, I’m finished watching “Slicing of the Demons” this past weekend. Was a pretty good series to watch, but towards the end got a little bit draggy (again) and confusing. The whole plot and the characters were great (love Michael Tse), but I still managed to get lost a couple of times! lol…had to re-watch the episode over again. Overall, I would recommend SOTD for others to watch, but just the ending…ehh…you guys just had to watch it and see for yourselves. =)

What’s up next for me? Umm…I’m thinking about taking a break from TVB series. Yes, I’m actually saying this: me, Sidney, taking a break from TVB series. lol…very weird & awkward for me to say that. Anyways, I’m switching to watch some HK films for awhile. Been feeling very unsatisfied w/ all the series I’m watching lately; watching too much TVB series I am assuming. Maybe some time away will help clear my mind and refresh my inspiration on TVB. (shrugs)


First movie on my list: “Protégé” (門徒). Just got a copy of it recently, so might as well start off w/ it. “Protégé” premiered earlier this year, starring Andy Lau, Daniel Wu, Louis Koo, Anita Yuen, and JingChu Zhang. It’s been awhile since I last saw Louis starring in anything, so would be great to see him again. Downfall: heard that his role was very minimal, almost pointless. Hmm…not something I want to hear. But I don’t know; I’ll see how it goes.

Credits: http://lindachung.ca

Movie I really want to see: “Love is Not All Around” (十分愛) starring Stephy Tang, Alex Fong, Linda Chung, Sammy, Hins Cheung, etc. (Movie trailer above) Yes, I admit. I’m a total Stephy and Alex fan here. Watched them in “Marriage w/ a Fool” and was hooked. LINAA seems to be the sequel of it, as I heard Alex referred to Stephy as “Ah Bo” (her name in MWAF) in the trailer, so crosses fingers. Besides, it stars Linda Chung, too. Can’t seem to break my ties w/ TVB. lol… ;-) While that’s just now premiering, it’ll be awhile before I can get a copy. So how about you guys? Any good recommendations for me?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah! I really want to see LINAA also! &I seen Protege, Louis' character really is pointless. Also, you should check out Lady Iron Chef.. lol Hacken Lee and Charmaine Sheh is in it.. haha TVB. It's pretty funny though.

7:34 PM 
Blogger Sidney said...

lol...thanks for the recommendation. Lady Iron Chef...didn't that just came out recently? hmm...have to look into that. And totally, about Louis. Geez...his good looks! All ruined! Ahh! ;-)

10:08 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This year HK has yet to shown a worth watching movie. But, if you liked Marriage with a Fool I recommend "Love is not all Around". I guarantee that it isn't a sequel. The name of Stephy's character maybe the same, but not the surname. The plot is completely different from Marriage with a Fool. In my opinion, i didn't like the movie much..but i didn't like much of Marriage with a Fool either. XP

9:30 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buying memory is such a big hassle... You have to Google prices, sort through which ones are legit, go out to a bunch of stores,compare prices, finally buy your memory, and then fervently pray that the price doesn't drop in the next two weeks or so.

I've been screwed over by some ridiculous price drops in the past... especially this one time when I bought a Micro SD for my R4 gaming flash card at what I thought was a steal, only to later see that it fell five bucks in a week's time.

(Submitted by Nintendo DS running [url=http://cryst4lxbands.blog.com/2010/01/31/will-the-r4-or-r4i-work/]R4i[/url] SurfV3)

11:19 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home