Monday, March 12, 2007

Expectations on TVB's newest airing series?

Today, TVB officially released couple of new series to everyone's delight (myself included; Yay!) either overseas or airing on Jade Channel. Just sharing some of my expectations/thoughts from the synopsis I read of each. =)


After being cramped up inside a "house" for so long, its about time we take a breath of fresh air and go back to the office life shall we. Replacing "Welcome to the House's" time slot on Jade channel @ 8 is the new sitcom: "Best Selling Secrets" (同事三分親), starring Esther Kwan, Alvina Kong, Elaine Kam, Stephen Au, Vin Choi, Angela Tong, etc.

Before I read the actual synopsis for this series, I was absolutely excited about its airring? Why? Its the debut of Esther Kwan returning to TVB after 7 years! Can it get any better than that?! Also, this series also marks Alvina Kong's return to acting. With these 2 actresses starring in a series, hands down, I'll definitely be interested in watching it. However, after reading the synopsis, hesitation does occur. This series lacks some attraction on its storyline. And it also in need of a dominant male lead that could be pair up to either Esther or Alvina (the same problem "Women on the Run" had during its short run as a TVB sitcom). Real interested on how well this series would go from there.


This series also marks the debut of Elaine Kam after hopping over from ATV to here. Personally, I don't like her. But that may be a bit to harsh since I'd only seen her in one series: Central Affairs II (情陷夜中环 2). Her character in CA2 was awful! And a little annoying, too. Hopefully this series would change my thoughts about her. *crosses fingers*


"Life Art" (寫意人生 ) replaces "Best Bet's" time slot @ 9:30 pm today; starring veteran actor, Paul Chun, along w/ Kevin Cheng, Gigi Lai, Queenie Chu (her debut series), Astrid Chan, etc. "Best Bet" really did bad on its ratings over the past couple of weeks. Is it because it aired so late in the evening? Or did everyone got tired of Linda's pitching voice? hmm...lets see if Gigi can make a difference in her ratings.

"Supposedly," LA is a comedy stated by Kevin, but I don't see any humor reflecting on the storyline. More like a short 20 epis series regarding life, inspiration, and hope. For some odd reason, when I think of this series, it reminds me a lot of TVB's 2001 series: "Invisible Journey" (彩色世界), starring Jessica Hsuan, Bowie Lam, Joyce Tang, Raymond Cho, etc. Jess and Gigi, because of an accident, has to readjust their lives to continue on in society in a positive attitude (Jess was blind; Gigi lost usage of right hand). Bowie and Kevin's character lives in a fast pace life and after meeting their optimistic female lead, they completely change. And of course, the girlfriends, Joyce (Bowie's) & Queenie (Kevin's), who comes in to make the storyline more complicated. Same...same...


Newest series release overseas is "The Slicing of Demons" ( 凶城計中計), starring Sunny Chan, Michael Tse, Bernice Liu, Angela Tong, etc. What is up w/ TVB! My gosh! 2 series in row released overseas of Bernice's! I shouldn't be complaining, since its in my favor, but still. Poor Bernice. hmph!

TSOD's storyline sounds very complicated for my little & simple mind to probably comprehend, but the cast does looks tempting for me watch after DD. Sunny pairing up w/ Bernice, Michael and Sunny are bff. hmm...simple enough for now. Wonder what Angela's character has to do w/ anything in this series, as she is now one of the main leads. One of the main things that attracted me to this series, besides Bernice, is this quote: "A man's heart is past finding out. You never know who is your real enemy" (TVB program highlights). Very mysterious and suspenseful. lol...just this quote itself is enough to make me paranoid of the people around me! hehe...anyways, it's sounds like a major spoiler of series, but still: can't wait! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home