Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Leila’s love for penguins


In everyone’s heart, there’s always a child inside of us. Even for child star ‘til now young actress, Leila Tong; it makes no difference. Since being introduced to the Pingu cartoon by some friends 5 years ago, Leila has fell in love with the black and white color penguins ever since! Leila said she’s been collecting penguin accessories here and there; buying collectibles, ordering online, or even ask a friend to buy them for her in other countries.

In just 5 short years, Leila has collected over 100 Pingu (or penguin-related) accessories, such as stuff animals, towels, pens, pencils, notebooks, models, and much more. Leila revealed that most of the accessories she’s collected were either given to her by friends or fans. “When my friends go traveling and they see them [penguins] so cute, they’ll just buy them for me. Hong Kong doesn’t have much Pingu goods, but Taiwan does. I could order online to buy them, but I don’t like doing that. I rather just walk in the streets, see it and buy it.”

In order to keep her penguin accessories safe and intact, Leila said that she has specially made a glass case for it and even take them out to clean! “Sitting inside the glass case can easily be cover with dust. So I take them out and clean/dust them off. When my mom sees that I’m busy, she’ll do it for me. But because she misplaces them from their positions after finish, I won’t let her touch it anymore. I’ll just do it when I have the time.”

Out of all her collectibles, Leila’s favorite is the DVDs. “Although I don’t understand what it’s saying, but the storyline is very simple and clear. There’s friendship, there’s family love, and it has a moral to it. Entering the penguin’s simple family lifestyle just makes me really happy. Sometimes when I’m depressed, I’ll just watch the DVDs, and it’ll cheer me up.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home