Tuesday, April 11, 2006

The Hype of TVB’s Dance of Passion Countdown: 19 days left!

Today's special feature is base solely on Charmaine Sheh. To be honest, I don't know what I can say or can't say about her. lol...there's way too many Charmaine fans out there! What if I say something wrong? What if I say something that just doesn't suit them? What if...what if...ehh...I don't know! lol...Good thing this is my blog, so I can say whatever I want! Yay!! Of course, I'll be nice. I'm a Charmaine Sheh fan myself! =D Nothing mean, I promise! hehe...lets start!


Charmaine Sheh: How much Pain can she take?


Charmaine Sheh. Her role in TVB’s Dance of Passion is supposedly to have an intimate relationship with Moses Chan. Because of him, she lost everything. Because of him, she almost died. Because of him…well, that’s all I know for now! hehe… =P I really have no idea what to expect from Charmaine this time around. Her roles have been really bland to me lately. Her acting’s good, don’t take me wrong, but just….ehh…. According to the promo clip, it seems like Charmaine will be suffering a lot again for her role. I guess that’s alright, since she can deliver a convincing role who's suffers painfully. But why does TVB always cast her in these roles? Let’s take a look back at Charmaine’s series, shall we.

Detective Investigation Files IV

Pain: lost her one true love, Sunny; lost her best friend, Lee San San; had to pay for consequences she has done

Return of the Cuckoo

Pain: got pushed away by the person she loves, had misunderstanding with her family; never realizing the truth until much later

Country Spirit

Pain: If you’ve seen this series, you should remember all she’s been through; punished for what she didn’t do, sabotaged by all, everything! Poor her! Oh…and I love her in this series! First time I’ve seen her act, but I loved it!

Seven Sisters

Pain: one word can describe her pain: Cancer. Need I to say more?

Witness to a Prosecution II

Pain: Charmaine was considered to be an outcast at the beginning, got tortured at the end; had to seek for her love, Bobby, once again.

Perish in the Name of Love

Pain: 帝女花; if you’ve heard of the name, you should know the story, you should know the ending, you should have heard of what Sonija did to Charmaine, yet she survives it all!

Angels of Mission

Pain: in the CTU; gets injured by bad guys; got shot; lost the guy she liked

War & Beauty

Pain: doesn't suffer too much, but cannot be with her person she loves; leaves the palace physically, emotionally, and psychologically scarred forever

That's basically all I have to say about Charmaine at the moment. Will I be expecting anything special about her performance in Dance of Passion? hmm...I don't know yet. Gut feeling tells me she's going to win something for her role in this series, but my gut feelings are never accurate. lol...Hope you guys enjoy reading and remember, this is just my opinion, so please don't hate me! =) Join me tomorrow for my presentation on Ms. Gigi Lai!

Images Credit: tvb.com ; spcnet.tv ; chilam.net

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've watched Angels Of Mission but I'm not totally won over by the comic-romance drama. Casting aside, I think the main problem with TVB or typically many Chinese films are poor scriptwriting, unnecessary giveaway (predictability) through rapid character development and lack of unusual twists. If the content and storyline is good, even the plain jane cast will shine. Kudos to some fantastic movie scriptwriting such as Infernal Affairs and some others. I like the numerous twists, unpredictability and even false endings.

- Gil' (greeneisforever)

1:17 AM 

Post a Comment

<< Home